Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Juicing Adventure 1

So we recently got a juicer.  I have been wanting one for a long time.  I have never purchased juice as a regular drink option for my kids.  It is horrible for them and thankfully they never asked for it.  They have it sometimes and of course at others homes.

I do worry about them getting their "daily dose" of vitamins and minerals needed and have always given them a daily vitamin - but I highly suspect the benefit. It is mass manufactured and how old is it before my kid is popping it in his mouth on the way to the school bus?

So juicing is the answer for us - for now anyway.  I am learning about what each fruit and veggie add as a health benefit and what combos are best for different needs - Energy, Weight Loss, Overall Wellness etc etc.  There is a lot to learn!  One of the great things  - as many already know - most of the "goodness"is found in the peelings.  No one eats the peelings - but with a juicer you don't miss out on the healthiest part!

So we dove in this morning and had our first of many more to come fresh juice.  Here is the recipe we came up with - slight modified from one that came with the juicer.  I want the kids to like it of course so that may mean some tweaking of some recipes.  This one is a keeper!  I call it:

"Morning Rush"

1 Medium Apple
1 Small Cucumber
3 Medium Carrots
3 Peeled Oranges

No comments:

Post a Comment